The Chosen ones
Synopsis of the film: One story - different voices. How is it to live in a world without sound? In this film we meet young people from different backgrounds, who have much to share. These voices are just like yours and mine. They have hope, dreams and ambitions for a bigger and better future. We hear voices that have not been given that opportunity before. This is "The Chosen People".
Festivals in which he took part: Abloom Film Festival
Companies to whom he was sold: NRK-Norsk rikskringkasting AS
- Name: "De utvalgte" / "The Chosen Ones".
- Trailer: coming soon
- Age recommendation: 10+
- Format: 1920*1080 HD, ProRes.
- Length: 00:28:16.
- Production year: 2017.
- About the director: Faridah Shakoor Nabaggala is the founder of the organization "Abloom". Every year they arrange an award winning Film Festival. Her goal is to break down taboos around disabled kids and teens.
- About the producer: The producer is the same as the director.
- About the persons in the film: In "De utvalgte" we meet several young, deaf persons. Hege is a Norwegian girl that likes to draw. Berna is from a turkish family. Lubna is from a Pakistani family, she studies to become a teacher. Jørgen was adopted by a Norwegian family, and had the privilege of getting an implant that makes him able to hear. He still uses sign language. Sivan, from an Iranian family, studies to become a fashion designer. The last person in the movie is Adel. He is from a Pakistani family, and had a though upbringing.
Our movie is available here: European Children’s Film Association
Director, producer and writer: Faridah Shakoor Nabaggala
Sound and subtitles: Sebastian Mehlum
Editing and color grade: Bent Obe Fauske
Cinematographer: Torstein Nodland
Photo and editing assistant: Johannes Hellstrand Frøshaug
Illustrator: Anas Salameh